Microsoft Co-Founder Bill Gates Tops World’s Richest List Again.Bill Gates has kept his crown as the world’s richest person.
Microsoft co-founder BillGates once again topped the #Forbes magazine list of the world’s richest billionaires. Gates, whose wealth is estimated at $86 billion (roughly Rs. 5,62,396 crores), led the list for the fourth straight year, and has been ranked as the richest person in the world for 18 of the past 23 years.
There are 183 tech billionaires in all with a combined $1 trillion (roughly Rs. 65,39,722 crores) in wealth, Forbes said.
FORBES MAGAZINE’S 20 RICHEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD?
1. Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder: $86billion
2. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway CEO: $75.6billion
3. Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO: $72.8billion
4. Amancio Ortega, Inditex fashion group founder: $71.3billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO: $56billion
6. Carlos Slim, Mexican telecom mogul: $54.5billion
7. Larry Ellison, Oracle co-founder: $52.2billion
8. Charles Koch, Koch Industries CEO and chairman: $48.3billion
9. David Koch, Koch Industries CEO and chairman: $48.3billion
10. Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg co-founder: $47.5billion
11. Bernard Arnault, LVMH CEO: $41.5billion
12. Larry Page, Google co-founder: $40.7billion
13. Sergey Brin, Google co-founder: $39.8billion
14. Liliane Bettencourt, L’Oréal heiress: $39.5billion
15. S. Robson Walton, Wal-Mart heir: $34.1billion
16. Jim Walton, Wal-Mart heir: $34billion
17. Alice Walton, Wal-Mart heiress: $33.8billion
18. Wang Jianlin, Dalian Wanda Commercial Property chairman: $31.3billion
19. Li Ka-shing, Cheung Kong Holdings CEO: $31.2billion
20. Sheldon Adelson,Las Vegas Sands Corporation CEO: $30.4billion
The global population of billionaires jumped 13 percent from last year to a record 2,043, the biggest annual increase in the 31 years since the magazine began compiling the list, Forbes said.
The US had the most billionaires with 565, a product of the swelling value of the American stock market since Trump’s November 2016 election.
China was second with 319 billionaires, and Germany was third with 114.