1. The new Acura NSX will arrive in showrooms in late 2015.
2. Sports a mid-mounted twin-turbo V6 engine powering the rear wheels and two electric motors powering the front wheels, mated to a 9-speed dual clutch transmission.
3. Acura claims the NSX will have the lowest center of gravity of any car in its class.
4. In terms of pricing Acura expect it to cost around $150,000
5. Production will be limited annually.
As Acura unveils its newest 2016 Acura NSX model, we now take a look at the woman behind the sportscar’s head-turning design. Automobile designer Michelle Christensen is Acura’s first female exterior designer and is responsible for styling the latest supercharged NSX model. Inspired by her father’s interest in tinkering with muscle cars in their San Jose home garage as a teen, Christensen developed a passion for mechanics and attended Pasadena’s Art Center College of Design for automotive design. Her penchant for car design became apparent in design school as Hyundai, Honda and Chrysler each recruited her heavily during her studies. The NSX was Christensen’s first project she spearheaded, and represented the challenging task of combining sleek supercar detailing with practical performance functions. The result is the new 2016 Acura NSX, which was unveiled earlier today at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.